Summer and swimming go together. It’s difficult to think of one without the other. There is more to swimming than just cooling off. To get the most out of swimming in a backyard pool, Anchor Pools & Spas will maintain your pool so the water sparkles and the chemical balance provides you and your guests the best environment for you to obtain the maximum benefits from your swimming experience not just in the summer, but year round.
Benefits of Swimming
There are health benefits you get from swimming just because it is exercise. According to Healthline, swimming is an exercise that “works your entire body head to toe. It increases your heart rate without stressing your body, tones muscles, builds strength, builds endurance.”
Some specific examples of the benefits of swimming include:
- Reduces stress. Most people report their stress is relieved, or at least lessened, after a swimming session.
- Increases muscle strength. Just the act of swimming increases muscle strength. Injured muscles are often healed by swimming.
- Helps you lose weight. When you swim, you use many body parts, your arms, legs, neck, head, trunk, abs, etc. This means you are using up calories. Swimming can burn up to 900 calories an hour.
- Reduces back pain. Swimming is recommended for those suffering from lower back and leg pain. For some who have pain so severe, it is difficult to even swim, orthopedists recommend walking in the water as a good exercise.
- Relief of pain from arthritis or osteoporosis. Swimming does not strain connective tissue and is often recommended for these specific medical conditions when high impact exercises are contraindicated.
- Ease pregnancy and childbirth. The abdominal and shoulder muscles are strengthened, which makes it an excellent exercise to prepare for childbirth. It also relieves muscle and joint pains.
Remember to use sunscreen. You can burn while swimming, but you may not notice it since you are in the cool of the water. Shower after swimming to remove chemicals that may cause dry skin and itching and lather on a moisturizer
To be sure the swimming experience for you and your guests is as pleasurable as it can be, keep the water sparkling and clear, at the right pH level, with the proper amount of chlorine and other necessary chemicals. Contact us at Anchor Pools & Spas for assistance and more information.